Day 9 of 30 days blogging challenge for August .
I don’t go out much since I relocated. I teach at a school across the road from my house so I don’t carry much things around. The following though are what you’ll always find in my bag:
1. My ID card: I carry two at all times – NYSC Id and my University Alumni Association Id. The first is the most important because my only business in this State is as a corps member. And it carries some weight because it’s also a national Id and kind of popular. I usually leave the National ID at home unless specifically needed. And I only carry the Alumni ID because they’re in the same pouch.
2. My Smartphone: I’m usually holding it in my hand but when I’m not it’ll definitely be in my bag. I don’t think I can go anywhere without my phone.
3. Cash: I never go anywhere without some amount of cash even if it’s just across the street. You can never tell what you’ll need.
4. Debit card(s): Despite always having cash, you can never tell when you’ll need more than what you have on you. Or to make a quick transaction online. I always have two active Debit cards at all times and one of them with me all the time.
5. My Iman Compact Powder: I usually have the need to powder up on occasions. I do not like my face to get so oily. And of course to check for veggies in my teeth if someone looks at me funny. 😛😛😛😛
6. A pen: You can’t be a teacher and not have a pen. I can’t borrow a pen from a student to give her a bad grade. That’ll be taking it too far. I think one of my teachers used to do that. And I love writing in long hand. It helps me articulate better.
7. Hand Lotion: It’s usually very hot here. Up to upper 90s on most days. I should feel clammy but my palms sometimes get so dry. I like to moisturize in such conditions.
8. My Keys: Well, who doesn’t need to carry keys?